1Nous Academy & Events Services.
We provide Soft Skill courses and workshops both online and offline for children, teens, adults and all educational institutions.
- Public Speaking Classes
- Debate Training
- English Lessons
- Guide to Debating (AP & BP)
- Introduction to Public Speaking
Click the Button below to learn more about our Courses and Workshops.
2Information about Online Courses
More information coming Soon
Coming soon in April…
3Information about Workshops
What is needed for a successful workshop?
- Participants that are keen to learn.
- A venue.
- Equipment: PA System, Laptop/PC & Projector
(The venue and equipment depends on the scale and quality of the workshop, this can be decided at a later time or can be decided to be hosted at your facility)
How does the workshop work?
- All our Workshops have been designed to have a balance between Lectures, Crowd-Sourced Discussions & Practice sessions.
- Lectures refer to the trainer(s) providing a knowledge and information based session to the participants.
- Crowd-Sourced Discussion refers to discussions that happen within the workshop between trainers and participants. The Trainer also plays role in moderating discussions between participants.
- Practice Sessions, depending on the type of workshop chosen, refers to exercises and activities that will take place within the timeline of the workshop. Examples of these are, Games, Debate Sparring Sessions, Public Speeches and Group Activities.
Who can attend these workshops?
- Anyone can book and attend a workshop.
- We accept anyone aged 7 and above to participate in our workshops.
(We will be more than happy to guide you in picking the best workshop for the best age group once you’ve contacted us)
How much would a workshop cost?
- For further details on this, please register for a workshop first.
- The cost of a workshop depends on the state that the workshop will be held in. For a detailed list of costs for each state, please refer to Workshops.
Can you design a new workshop if we want something other than what you have?
- Yes. You can do so by directly contacting through our “Contact Us” page.
Will I receive a certificate at the end of the workshop?
- Yes, you will be receiving one.
- However, you will be required to attend all parts of the workshop and not skip out on any part.
What kind of Workshops do you offer and How do I secure it for my Institution?
- If you’d like to book a workshop, you can easily do so by clicking the button below. It will directly bring you to our page where all the details pertaining to our workshops are available.
4Who are our Trainers?
Who are our trainers?
- Our trainers are all products of success stories of their own. They have either managed to win or reach the highest and toughest parts of National, Regional & International debate & public speaking tournaments.
- Some of them are also those who have trained teams and individuals to win and excel at National, Regional & International debate & public speaking tournaments.
- Rest assured you are in great hands.
- We guarantee a great learning experience as the quality of our training is our pride.
For more information, you can visit our trainers page or click the button below to navigate yourself there.
5What Events do you organise?
What Events do you organise?
- Annually: Malaysian Debaters National High-School Debate Open (MDHO)
- Annually: Malaysian National Public Speaking Competition (MNPSC)
Where will these events take place?
- Our events are mostly centred towards Klang-Valley and we usually organise our events with our Venue Partners.
- Our Venue Partners are usually Public & Private High-Schools, Colleges and University Campuses.
How do we sign up or attend these events?
- The details for these events can be found on their respective pages under the “Events Tab”
- You will be able to access our social media platforms for each of these events and get updates directly from them.
How do we make payment if we attend an event?
- Upon registration, you will be sent an invoice via email and the payment details will be on the invoice.
(Registration links can be accessed via the pages themselves or the social media “pinned posts”)
Are these events endorsed by any Ministry or Governing body?
- Yes. All our programs are endorsed by the Ministry of Education (MoE) of Malaysia.
- We will be more than happy to provide you with the endorsement letter upon request.
6How do I set a meeting with the Decision makers at Nous Academy & Events?
You can easily call us through our general line or drop us through our Contact tab.
Our higher management is very open to collaborations.
If you’d like to set a meeting pertaining the services and events we have, you can do so by using the details mentioned above too.
7I am interested to participate, but will it distract me from my studies?
- No, it will not distract you. Bad prioritisation of time will do that. 🙂
- We can’t blame “Time” for our inability to prioritise and juggle learning opportunities.
- Our courses and system have been designed to allow you to learn anywhere and at any time.
8How do I know if these skills would help me in life, and after school?
The skills we teach are the most sought after skills in any industry when it comes to hiring future staff.
These skills also improve your self-confidence and allows you to ace interviews you apply for.
Our classes focuses on creating great thinkers that are able to communicate high-value substances to an audience; and that audience can be your family, friends, peers, co-workers or even your superiors.
9I still don't know if I want to sign up. How do I get more information about the trainer(s) and about the classes?
You are welcomed to drop us an email or call us directly to talk to us. We are more than happy to speak to you over the phone and assist you.